Monday, November 29, 2010

Sea Kelp

                                                                                              Mood:Hopeful

What Are The Benefits Of Taking Sea Kelp Tablets?


Kelp is a type of flat, brown colored, leaf like appearance of sea vegetable, a natural remedy for a number of ailments. It belongs to family Laminariaceae. The weed is full of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. It is also rich in iodine content and helps in weight loss as it balances the thyroid. Kelp has been used by homeopathic physicians as a cure for many diseases.
It contains more than 12 kinds of vitamins, 20 key amino acids and 60 major traces of chelated minerals. The weed can be used in various foods as in soups, salads. It can be bought from the grocery in dried form or in tablets, capsules, powder or liquid forms.


Vitamins And Minerals In Sea Kelp:

  • Kelp is rich in Vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K.
  • It is particularly high in Vitamin C.
  • These all vitamins boost up the human immune system.
  • Iodine, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, chromium, silicon, barium, selenium and iron are found in sea kelp.


Benefits Of Sea Kelp Tablets:
  • Iodine in sea kelp helps in making thyroid hormones.
  • It may boost up low thyroid function or remedy goiter and cretinism.
  • Agar, alginate and carrageenan are some of the gels in kelp. It help stimulate digestion and gastrointestinal health.
  • Kelp is demulcent and it soothes and relieves inflamed and irritated mucous membrane.
  • Other health benefits of kelp is that it loosens extra mucous in the body, treating arthritis, lowers blood pressure and rheumatism and also stimulates skin healing.
  • Germanium content in kelp fights cancer and boosts immune system.
  • It also reduces the radiation effects and chemotherapy on the body.
  • It is also useful in Obesity, Flatulence and Obstinate constipation.
  • Kelp is also useful in weight loss and gives healthy nails and hairs.


Here are some reviews from people who've taken Sea Kelp recently:
 
This review is based on my experiences of "Natures Aid Norwegian Sea Kelp."
Frustrated of thin hair that dwindled down to my shoulders and broke whenever I brushed it and flaky nails, I sought a natural product which would help me to grow healthy long locks. I was recommended sea kelp due to the fact it is rich in minerals and elements such as iodine which, amongst other things, promotes healthy hair growth.
Sea kelp also helps to regulate the production of thyroid hormones in the body, which in turn, regulates metobolic rate.
I chose this brand of tablets for two main reasons. Firstly they were cheaper than any others the health shop stocked (!) and secondly (perhaps more importantly) they recommended taking 3 tablets a day rather than one super strength one. This was particularly important for me as I like to adjust the dosage to my needs.
The tablets are packaged in a white plastic jar with a distinctive green and white label. The label on the jar suggests that the tablets are to be taken 3 times a day with food. The size of the jar is such that it is not really practical to carry around with you every day and so, this may not suit everyone - especially forgetful people!
Personally speaking, I began to notice results almost immediately, although the advisor at the health shop said that I would need to take the tablets for at least 4 - 8 weeks before there were any noticeable improvements.
Improvements that I noticed were; stronger, thicker and longer hair. My hair seemed to grow overnight! I also noticed significant weight loss (although I had been on Weight Watchers for 4 months prior, my weight had begun to stabalise until I began taking these, then I found the last awkward pounds really shifted!) Finally, my nail stopped flaking, although I must admit that they still are not as strong as a healthy nail should be.
I also suffered negative effects and I found that I could directly attribute these to taking 3 tablets a day. If I stuck to the recommended dosage, I would badly break out in spots. Some of my friends have also suffered this problem. Another 'side effect' (although I admit this is less of a problem as this is one of the main reasons I started to take Norwegian Sea Kelp) is that I need to book myself in for an eyebrow wax much more frequently these days. The regrowth rate is fantastic - meaning more waxes, meaning more expense! :o(
I now take 1 tablet a day and find that my skin can cope with this better - I have no more annoying breakouts! This is also financially better for me as my tablets last far longer! I would not hesitate to recommend this product to anyone who suffers similar problems to my own, however please be warned that this product is not generally recommended for those who are pregnant. There is a warning on the jar advising pregnant women to consult their doctors before taking the product.


A friend of mine gave me a tub of sea kelp tablets (Holland and Barrett) after she mistakenly bought them to help her put on weight (which they don't do!). So I had a tub of the stuff and although wasn't looking for them, they had arrived in to my life. 'What the heck, i'll take 'em', I thought.Well, I can tell you that I noticed the difference almost instantly. For quite a few years now, i've actually been having a lot of dietry problems and suffer from constipation quite often - anyway, as soon as I started taking the mighty Kelp, I found that my 'toilet trips' became regular as clock work (very rare for me, i'm a once in four days kinda person) and I have very noticeably felt my metabolism working full speed. I already feel 10 times lighter (probably because i'm depositing about 3 times a day now!), so i'm sure my weight will continue to drop. I'm also aware that i've got a lot more energy in the mornings and throughout the day.
Don't know whether i'm going to start growing UBER super hair and nails, i'm not too fussed really, but I would definately reccommend this product for those looking to give their metabolical stystem a kick up the arse (punn fully intended). 


Sea kelp is in the form of tablets, they are easy to swollw and should be taken with food.
Emily, my friend who told me about
sea kelp said the tablets worked pretty much as soon as she started taking them. her hair grew a lot more easier and she also found that her hair looked more healthy. With me i took 2-3 a day and i found that after 3 weeks after starting to take the product i felt i looked a lot more fitter , remember i did have to excersice and eat well too, however i do have the occassional sweet. it keeps me happy.
There can be side affects as with all products. Do not take sea kelp in
you are pregnant, lactating or on any other medication unless you consult your doctor first. If you have any doubts also contact your doctor its better to be safe than sorry. Never exceed 3 a day other wise you will overdose and this can do a lot of harm to your liver.sea kelp contains iodine this increases the rate that you burn off food, helps with normal growth and developement and is also required for the healty functioning of the thyroid gland.
I hope this all helps you thanks for reading! 

You can read more reviews here..
I'm getting these tomorrow. Both Vitamin Shoppe and GNC carry these lovely little tablets.
My weight is at 112 today, I'm hoping it will go down another lb by morning.
My husband is off for the next two days, this should be interesting, may turn into fast days as I don't really feel all that comfortable b/p around him.
We'll see what happens Tuesday.

3 comments:

*Broken* said...

The tablets sounds really good!
I think I´ll fast today as well...
Good luck sweetie
xx

Lulu said...

thanks Broken! luck to you too

Unknown said...

The resource that you mentioned here is something that I have been looking from quite a time. And finally it ended with such a nice blog post. Don’t have words to thank you.

Sea kelpons.loic

Begin

 Tomorrow is my first day back at work. It's only for four hours but after almost one complete year of rest and self isolation, I'm ...